Yesterday Boris Johnson’s former and most senior aide Dominic Cummings spent hours in front of a select committee and spilt the beans on the Governments disastrous and criminal handling of the Corona virus.
While the confessions of Cummings are nothing we didn’t already suspect, to have it all confirmed by someone who was at the heart of the operations makes it impossible now for the government to deny their negligence and incompetence which, in the words of Cummings himself, meant “tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die”.
The confessions included:
- “When the government needed us most the government failed…lots of people were literally skiing… the PM was on holiday for two weeks.”
- “tens of thousands of people died who didn’t need to die”
- “Now all the government rhetoric of ‘we put a shield around care homes and blah blah, was complete nonsense. Quite the opposite of putting a shield around them, we sent people with Covid back to the care homes.”
- “the truth is that senior ministers, senior officials, senior advisers like me fell disastrously short of the standards that the public has a right to expect of its government in a crisis like this”
- “I think that the Secretary of State for Health should have been fired for at least 15, 20 things, including lying to everybody on multiple occasions in meeting after meeting in the Cabinet room and publicly.”
- “It’s completely crackers that someone like me should have been in there, just like it’s crackers that Boris Johnson was in there.”
- “The Cabinet Secretary said ‘Prime Minister you should go on TV tomorrow and explain to people the herd immunity plan and that it’s like the old chicken pox parties. We need people to get this disease because that’s how we get herd immunity by September’.”
This government has blood on their hands. No government can be allowed to continue to govern with such a disastrous record. That’s why we must mobilise in the biggest numbers possible and get out on the streets to demand they resign now. On Saturday 26 June the People’s Assembly has organised a national demonstration, it is now more important than ever that that demonstration is massive.
The Tories Must GO!
After Covid Demand A New Normal
National Demonstration Saturday 26 June
Assemble 12pm, BBC, Portland Place, London WC1
March to Parliament Square
Download and share these memes: